Well, lo and behold, Andy was right! We found out Wednesday afternoon. Andy is gone again at training this week, but with my parents here visiting, they were able to accompany me and Aidan to the hospital for my ultrasound! The first half hour of the scan, the tech did all the clinical measurements, working diligently and pressing so gently on my tummy. He kept the screen toward himself, but I wouldn't have looked anyway. Why look? I didn't want to know before my parents came in! He asked if I wanted to know what it was, and I said "yes, but when my parents are here, please." I think he was more excited to tell me. As soon as they came in with Aidan he said "Your son is going to have a little sister!" It was pretty cute. :)
My initial reaction was "Prove it! I want to see the pictures!" So he probed around again and found her sitting perfectly, as if to say "Here mom, see???" :) She weighs about a pound now and is nearly a foot long. I'm still in shock that I am having a girl; I don't know what to do with girls! :) Aidan will make a great big brother and I can't wait to venture into the world of "girly" things now. Daddy is also extremely thrilled! We may do a poll on here for names. We'll see. ;)

On a side note, we got to sit at the hospital for an extra few hours due to a Security Lock down. Who knows what happened, but being inside for an extra hour and a half and then sitting completely still in a parking garage for another additional hour was not my idea of a fun afternoon! At least we had some fun news keeping us going, my parents there to entertain Aidan, and Satellite TV when even that wasn't enough! Yes, I'm still loving my new Valentine's day present! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment